Does your Dog Walker:
– Walk your dog for the stated time – or does the ‘walk time’ include pick up and drop off?
– Have a Police check? (particularly if they retain a house key)
– Have insurance for dog walking, pet taxi, house keys?
– Follow appropriate legislation regarding the numbers of dogs to be walked at any one time?
Does the Boarding establishment:
– Have a Boarding license if they offer home boarding?
– Let you inspect the licensed property where your dog would be staying?
– Guarantee that your dog will stay in the stated property rather than being accommodated elsewhere?
– Follow Council regulations regarding not boarding dogs under six months, not boarding entire males with resident dogs, or dogs in or due to be in season.
– Have an up to date Police check?
– Have insurance for pet sitting, pet boarding, and/or pet taxi?
If you don’t know – ask them!
All licenses, insurance documents etc should be offered for your inspection.
If this is not the case, or they are in any way dismissive, guarded or obstructive about their production, please think twice about leaving your dog/pet with them!!
Any non-conforming of the Council Regulations may invalidate any insurance or claim you may have in the event of a problem.